Falcon fans lift spirits against rival Patriots

CHS athletes rode a wave of school spirit driven by fanfare to win in four different sports. The week included a school rivalry Cash-o-la, student and parent tailgates in the senior lot and the newly landscaped Falcon Wing and lots of cheering for our Falcons from the “Nest”.  

School spirit was at its peak during last week’s epic rivalry against the Patriots of First of Colonial, in which Falcon athletic took a full 4-0 sweep. Falcon Girls Volleyball, Boys Volleyball, varsity Field Hockey and Football teams all came out victorious.

Playing a key role in these victories were undoubtedly Falcon fans that included students, past and present, faculty, staff, parents, as well as school alumni. The Falcon “Nest”, a section marked off for cheering students, played a vital role in the athletes’ success last week.

The “Nest” originated during the winter sports season about four years ago, seen mostly at varsity basketball games. Since then, it has grown immensely and is a part of the stands for students to show support for their fellow Falcons.  Fans traveled to the ‘turf’ to watch field hockey, while volleyball games and Friday night’s football game against the Patriots was also no exception; the “Nest” was filled to the brim and as loud as ever.

To make the final showdown a little more intense, Friday night’s football game was labeled a “white-out”; everyone attending asked to wear white in support of the team.

“The whiteout at the football game was an absolute success. The Nest was all painted in white and completely full. The FC student section couldn’t keep up with our chants and intensity,” “Nest” leader and athlete Tanner Bailey said.

Furthermore, parents and students were able to enjoy their perspective tailgates in The ‘Wing’ and back parking lots before the football game.

As the new month is ushered in, both volleyball teams will travel to play Ocean Lakes to take on yet another powerhouse. Varsity field hockey will take on Landstown High School and after a ‘bye’ week, football returns to take on the Knights of Kellam High School on the eve of Homecoming week.