Falcon Forum

Nyah Jana

PEACE CORPS VOLUNTEERS Lenah and Jimmy Nguyen talk to students about the Peace Corps. In the past, they have focused on their international and food waste prevention work.

The third Falcon Forum entitled “I Can, I Will,” took place Mar. 18 through Mar. 22 in the auditorium during each block.

Falcon Forum was originally offered to students in 2016 as a way for students to become motivated and passionate about a given topic.

Each day, six to nine speakers including teachers, students, and various inspirational speakers throughout the community will give a presentation to its audience about topics that have inspired them including health, science, art and more.

Furthermore, all students are invited to listen to the keynote speaker, Rochelle Whellams, present a speech about her leadership workshops. Whellam’s goal is to emphasize individual accountability, action, and attitude. A City-Wide/School-Wide Leaders Forum will also be led by Whellams on Mar. 22 during 3rd and 4th block. Every organization, sport and club is invited to choose leaders to attend this event who will discuss the importance of acquiring leadership skills. 

“Rochelle Whellams was extremely inspirational and she taught me to get out of my comfort zone and reach for my goals,” senior Anna Merklinger said.