VTfT interns create Fit VB Fun Run

Ian Lichacz
VTFT STUDENT INTERNS (left-right) seniors Sarah Baust, Zhenja Lourenco, Catherine Stauch, Madeline Arndt, and McKenna Nacey discussed the VB Fit Run project.

Through affiliation with the Virginia Teachers for Tomorrow (VTFT) program, seven senior VTfT II students collaborated with Linkhorn Park Elementary School (LPES) and J &A Racing to create the first annual FIT VB Fun Run.

In effort to create the Fit VB Fun Run, VTfT II students created a series of lessons, a high school style pep rally for the elementary students, and finally, an authentic run, that took place on November 3.

The collaboration enabled the interns to not only teach younger students the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle, but to showcase their skills as teachers.

VTfT students began meeting with LPES and J & A Racing last August, then met continuously September – October to perfect and implement their project, which was ultimately a success.  Student interns will take their project the EdRising State Competition on March 3.

Last week, VTft teacher Jennifer Nardelli and the seven student interns met for an informational debriefing session with VBCPS superintendent Dr. Spence, the school’s principal Dr. Kelly, the LPES principal, and the president of J & A.

For more information, please watch the video link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws32Zi_4WaY&disable_polymer=true