SENIOR SAM ADAMS tours Radford University and interviews college sophomore Jake Baldwin about his first 2 years of college.

Radford University visit

December 1, 2015

News staffers visit Radford University and interview sophomore Jake Baldwin to gain advice for seniors about the first two years of college:

Q: What are you involved in? Was it easy to become involved?

A: “I was involved in a few outdoor clubs, but I had to drop a few of them due to time management. They kept interfering with class schedules. It’s not hard at all to get involved within your school, most schools have club fairs and posters all over campus trying to get people to join them.”

Q: What are the positives/negatives to living with roommate(s)?

A: “The positives of having a roommate is that there is always someone there to help you out. My roommates and I get along well and I have roomed with the same group of guys since the beginning of my freshmen year. The negatives are that there really isn’t any alone time if you live in a dorm because you share a room. Also, you see the same people every day all day, so it’s good to get out and try to meet as many people as you can.”

Q: How far is your college from Virginia Beach? How often do you come home? How often does your family visit?

A: “Virginia Beach is about 5-6 hours away from Radford. I come home about once a semester unless we are on a long break then I come home for the week. My parents don’t really come up as much since it is really far away but they try to come up and visit at least once a semester.”

Q: What’s your school’s most well attended event on campus?

A: “My school’s most well-attended events are either our basketball games or every year during our spring semester we have a big concert with artists like Mac Miller, A$AP Rocky, Cherub; someone big headlines.”