SENIOR BROOKE MOORE interviewed Randolph Macon College and interviews Cox alumni and Randolph Macon sophomore Chris Ruediger about his college experience.

Randolph Macon College visit

Cox High School alumnus and Randolph Macon College sophomore Chris Ruediger gives seniors some quick advice:

Q: What are you involved in? Has it benefited you? Why or why not?

A: “I was recruited my senior year at Cox to play football for Macon. The structure that comes along with football and this team in particular has created the best environment possible for my education as well as instilling a since of structure in without my parents here.”

Q: What is the biggest struggle you’ve faced so far in college?

A: “My biggest struggle was my first exam week freshmen year because not only did I have to study for all of my exams but also had accumulated projects and papers that were assigned early in the semester I neglected to finish.”

Q: If you could go back to the college decision experience, would you pick the same school? Why or why not?

A: “Yes because the way the classes are set up there’s only about 14-17 students per class. Having the ability to participate and knowing my teacher on a first name basis as opposed to being in a class of a couple hundred and being just another number is more conducive to the way I learn.”

Q: What did you leave at home that you wish you had bought?

A: “For me it was different because the day after my parents had moved me into my dorm they moved from Virginia Beach to Florida. My parents now living there as opposed to two hours away really forced me to grow up a lot faster and has taught me to fend for myself without my mom coming up there to take care of me.”

Falcon Press News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in