Coquettes rock the ECSC block

August 25, 2015

Coquettes perform at the Coastal Edge/Vans fashion show at ECSC. 

VBCPS Students from Cox, Kellam, First Colonial, and Ocean Lakes High School showcased Vans Off the Wall apparel recently during the Costal Edge East Cost Surfing Championship on the 5th Street Main Stage. Coastal Edge owner, D. Nachnani, reached out to Kellam Marketing Teacher Cindy Miller to put together a team of VBCPS students to meet with executives and designers who traveled from the Vans world corporate headquarters in Cypress, California for the purpose of displaying Vans new fall line of apparel and accessories.

Nachnani led a focus group in which students learned about the Vans brand and culture, multi-billion dollar action sport apparel industry, and the importance of partnerships between Vans and local retailers all over the world.

“Our Virginia Beach high school students are some of the most creative and brightest in the world.  We are fortunate to have this unique opportunity where our city, students, and local and national businesses want to highlight the beauty and talents of our city with their products during the height of the travel and tourism season!” said Ocean Lakes High School Marketing Teacher Jim Cartwright during a recent practice.

For more information on this event, contact Cindy Miller; [email protected] or by phone 757-406-4614.