Wingspan Live: poetry, art, music, film

January 30, 2015

STUDENT BAND "BEACH" plays for the audience at Wingspan Live on Thursday.
Natalie Horne
STUDENT BAND “BEACH” plays for the audience at Wingspan Live on Thursday.

The school’s literary magazine Wingspan, will hold a night of a night of Poetry, Art, Live Music, Film, and Food in the school’s library on January 29 from 6:30- 9:00 p.m.

Auditions will be held throughout the month of January.  The night will consist of student generated poetry, short narratives, musical and theater performances, and short films. Student Art will also be displayed. Entry is free, but donations are appreciated.

Deadlines for participation are as follows:

January 14– Sign up deadline for Live Music auditions

January 20– All Film and Reading Submissions due

January 16– Auditions for Live Music selections

January 21– All Art Submissions due

Wingspan live submission directions are posted below for any and all individuals looking to participate:

[email protected]                                                                                             [email protected]

Wingspan Live

Submission Directions

1. Please adhere to all deadlines provided below.
  2. Interested performers must have their performances approved. We want to ensure a school appropriate environment.
  3. All submissions need to be submitted digitally (except for the artwork) – e-mail both to Ms. Meyer and the Wingspan staff. E-mails are provided above.
  4. If you are interested in performing music, your song of choice needs to be summited by January 14. Artists must also perform their chosen song after school January 16 to Ms. Meyer and the Wingspan staff.
  5. If you are interested in performing a small skit (limited to five minutes), your scene needs to be submitted by January 20.
  6. If you are interested in showing your own original short film (limited to three minutes), please submit your film through e-mail by January 20.
  7. If you are interested in conducting a reading of a work (poem or short piece of fiction or nonfiction), please e-mail Ms. Meyer AND the Wingspan staff the work you will be reading by January 20.
  8. If you are interested in having your artwork displayed in the library, all art needs to be delivered to Ms. Meyer in room 210 by January 21.
  9. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail Ms. Meyer.

Best,

Wingspan Staff