Dodge Cancer 2k16

April 19, 2016

TEACHERS REPRESENT FACULTY and staff in the recent dodge ball tournament to raise awareness for breast cancer.
Staff

The SCA recently hosted their annual dodge ball event, this year a fundraiser specifically for breast cancer awareness and research.

“Dodge Cancer 2k16” featured teams composed of students and staff from the school, as well as from Alanton Elementary.

Sophomore Troy Kovalcheck, a student personally affected by the impact of breast cancer, organized the event along with senior Kris Devito. He also played on the SCA team and was pleased with the results.

“It was a lot of fun working with everyone,” Kovalcheck said. “The teachers from Alanton were amazing and my mom absolutely loved seeing all the support!”

Quoting famed dodge ball coach Patches O’Houlihan he added, “If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.”

In preparation for the event, SCA sold T-shirts that displayed the words “Pink Pride” on the day of the event to raise more money and awareness to support the cause. Patrons who wore their shirts gained free entry to the event.

Team “D-1 Bound” won the tournament and claimed the trophy, a dodge ball designed by sophomore Anna Michaud.