SENIOR ERIN HOUSTON visits the Tillman Bell, given to the university by the Class of 1939, over looking the Carillon Garden.

Clemson University visit

March 2, 2016

Located in the heart of South Carolina, Clemson University wears their purple and orange with immense pride. Ranked the #61 National Universities in the United States, according to U.S News, the university stands out for its academic and athletic excellence.

The “Home of the Tigers” is the proud owner of some of the elite engineering and architecture schools in the country.

A medium sized school with about 17,000 students, strives to have a college town feel. Though the endless winding country roads may give off a different idea, the town is lively and booming with activities. The spirit and pride is like contagious disease. Only walking around the campus for an hour, I was struck with the Tiger Fever.

Being a Division 1 School, the Tigers strive in Football and Baseball. Clemson takes pride in competing the 2015 NCAA National College Football Playoff Championship, though losing to #1 University of Alambama 45-40 ,students are still proud to snatch the #2 spot. They continue to move up the ranks every year in each sport, leading students to the professional leagues. Such as, Houston Texans’  wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins  and C.J. Spiller, running back for the New Orleans Saints.

The students are welcoming and friendly, making it Princeton Review’s #7  Happiest Students  and #2 Their Students Love Their College.

The University even has their own student run ice cream parlor, 55′ Exchange, where Food Science majors manufacture, sell, and serve their own ice cream creations straight from the school’s farm. All revenue made from the enterprise heads towards helping students and their academic perseverance. Definitely, a destination to hit when touring the great campus.

The overall feel of the campus is ecstatic, with tons of energy and school spirit. With great southern hospitality and an absolutely gorgeous campus, there’s no place like Clemson!

Clemson University offers rolling admissions until May 1st, 2016 for anyone applying for the 2016 Fall Semester.  Having a 51%  acceptance rate,  the average GPA for admitted students is a 4.0, making it a semi – competitive school.

Good Luck and Go Tigers!