SENIOR REGAN KEEN tours Virginia Tech to visit both her brothers and learn more about a possible future school for her.

Virginia Polytechnic Institute visit

February 10, 2016

Falcon Press News staffer Regan Keen visits Virginia Tech and gives her opinion on the school life.

Located between the Blue Ridge and Alleghany Mountains in Blacksburg, Virginia Tech is the ideal in-state choice for scholars and adventurers alike. Tech has renowned math and science schools, such as Architecture & Engineering, Biology, Agriculture, and Nursing, but they also offer excellent paths for English majors, Economics, Art History, Criminology, and even Fashion Marketing.

Many students at Virginia Tech spend their free time exploring various trails, the most famous spot being the Falls – a known student hangout along a trail with a massive waterfall. If that’s not your thing, take a walk along Main Street and you’re sure to find an activity more your speed.

Virginia Tech is known for having the best meal plan offerings in the nation, and any current student can vouch for that. From their first class dining halls to their chain restaurants, there’s always something you’re interested in eating. Student activities are just as full of variety as the meal plan – from Greek life to Quidditch club to intramural sports, you can even find something to do just by walking across the Drillfield or the Quad.