“Taste of Home,” New York bound

December 18, 2015

VIRTUAL ENTERPRISE STUDENTS recently won a 2nd place distinction for their class business, "Taste of Home."
Stacey Landini
VIRTUAL ENTERPRISE STUDENTS recently won a 2nd place distinction for their class business, “Taste of Home.”

Stacey Landini’s Virtual Enterprise class is moving up in the business world.

This year’s Virtual Enterprise class, comprised of sophomores, juniors, and seniors, is certainly composed of like-minded young entrepreneurs. In class, students were given the opportunity to brainstorm ideas and develop a “business” to run over the course of the school year. In early October, Landini’s class came together, deciding on a “Taste of Home,” which is a carryout and delivery restaurant.

Junior Cassidy Atchison is the acting CEO, recently accompanying her business associates to the Virtual Enterprise Business Plan and Defense competition at the Advanced Technology Center.  Atchison, along with six other students from the class who comprise the presentation committee including: Layne Rehak (CFO), Andrew Teixiera (CMO), Matt Dugan (COO), Cody Hines (VP of Sales), Steven Torres (VP of Human Resources), Owen Smith (Sales), and Phoebe Large (Human Resources) defended their business plan to the judges.

In the end, “Taste of Home” won 2nd place in the competition and will continue on to New York in April to compete in the national competition.

“I was confident in our presentation,” Atchison said. “I knew if we executed it the way we’d practiced, we could compete in the top tier of other businesses in Virginia. I am so proud of the company as well as the presentation team. We are looking forward to the national competition in New York, but focusing on maintaining the same high level of business here at a ‘Taste of Home’.”