Dr. Riesbeck’s “Falcon Fest” welcome

August 11, 2016

PRINCIPAL RANDI R. Riesbeck, Ph.D. welcomes incoming freshman at Wednesday's annual Falcon Fest for incoming freshman.
Molly Dodson
PRINCIPAL RANDI R. Riesbeck, Ph.D. welcomes incoming freshman at Wednesday’s annual Falcon Fest for incoming freshman.

August 2016

Dear Future Falcons,

Congratulations and welcome to Frank W. Cox High School! In just a few weeks, you will no longer be an eighth grader; you will be a “freshman” at Cox High School. You will be part of a grand tradition that spans decades from our founding in 1961 to today when the class of 2020 embarks on its high school journey.

The first step in your educational voyage begins with Falcon Fest, an orientation day that will prepare you for your first year at Frank W. Cox High School. Falcon Fest affords you a glimpse of what to expect in high school, and it will highlight the differences between high school and middle school as well as address concerns, such as the block schedule, organizational skills, where to find help for any need, and much more. At Falcon Fest you will also be introduced to the extra-curricular opportunities available to students, both clubs and competitive teams. Important dates will be shared as well. You will also be given some textbooks at Falcon Fest, so we recommend bringing a book bag or backpack with you that day.

We hope Falcon Fest will help provide you with a smooth transition into high school. We also hope to answer any questions you may have about your future experiences as a soaring Falcon at Frank W. Cox High School. We wish you a wonderful first year!

Warmest regards,

Randi R. Riesbeck

Randi R. Riesbeck, Ph.D.

Principal