National Library Week shows student, staff involvement

Staff
PUBLISHED AUTHOR VINCENT Sachar speaks to students about the importance of imagination and writing creatively.

National Library Week is back and plans to showcase just a few of the school’s students and clubs that make up our Falcon family.

In the past, festivities were held all week; however, this year events will take place on Tuesday, April 4, and Thursday, April 6, which are both “B” days.  Attendance is on a sign-up basis and each block on both days offer a different activity.

On April 4, Fashion students strutted their stuff through the aisles during 1B and 2B, while DECA students were on hand to discuss the marketing side of fashion. Published author Vincent Sachar, discussed his views about the purpose of creative writing during 3B. The day ended with a performance by musician and teacher Mrs. Sachar-Milosevich.

Cox Catering plans to provide refreshments during 1B and 2B on April 6, followed by performances from the school’s Orchestra during 3B and Falcon Theater during 4B.

Wednesday, April 5, is reserved for teacher appreciation and refreshments will be provided from 8-noon.

Head Librarian Mrs. Rea is excited about the upcoming events and works hard each year to bring better, more informative, and interesting ideas and talents to the event.

“We try to bring in real world experiences for kids in a fun and informative way so they can make connections between what they are learning and what they can go on to apply it to in the real world. Hopefully, the kids get something valuable out of the experience,” Rea said.