High School Nation tour, back around

HIGH SCHOOL NATION star Leroy Sanchez keeps the crowd on their feet and dancing to the beat.
Josh Harrell

Due to a cancellation, the High School Nation tour, which provides free, live concerts to high schools across the country will be here on Friday, Oct. 21, during 4th block classes. The tour, featuring actor/singer Drake Bell from the hit Nickelodeon television show, “Drake and Josh,” affords students the opportunity to meet and interact with teen pop stars, new up-and-coming performers, as well various vendors such as hairstylists, musicians, and artists.

The High School Nation tour stopped at the school two years ago, showcasing live performances, a Q & A session with the artists, and the chance to socialize in a ‘carnival’ setting where more than one event happens at once.

Choral teacher Cindy Forbes and her students organized the event previously and know how much work, time, and dedication goes into the entire production.

“We [Chorus students] had T-shirts made for the event several years ago and planned for the tour a month out,” Forbes said.  “It was so worth the time because everyone had such a great time; it was so much fun!”